4 Easy & Quirky Mocktails to Beat the Summer Heat!
By Monami Mitra | May 24, 2018
Summer is upon us, and so is the sweltering heat. Even if all of us can’t reside at a beach side villa, we can very well indulge in some refreshing drinks. Of course, cocktails are not a feasible option every time, so why not try your hands on some delicious mocktails.
So, here you go! Four easy mocktail recipes to beat the summer heat.
Virgin Watermelon Margarita
Everyone knows the goodness of watermelon. Make it more delectable by adding in some lime juice to get the perfect summer drink!
- Blend 3 cups of watermelon chunks
- Add in ½ cup of lime juice (you can even use any lemon-lime soft drink) in a mixer grinder
- Serve in margarita glasses
Rub the rim of each glass with a lime wedge and then coat it in sugar to make your drink look like the real deal!
Virgin Mango Bellini
This is another yummilicious drink that you can make in a matter of minutes.
- Puree 3 medium mangoes using a hand blender
- Add lime juice from 2 limes and 1⁄3 cold water and put the blender in pulse mode
- Transfer to a pitcher, and add 750 ml of apple juice
- Stir in everything and serve immediately
There you have it! A fancy drink that’s easy to make, making it perfect for your soirée.
Raspberry & Lavendar Lemonade
This drink is not just perfect to look at but tastes absolutely refreshing too, making it perfect for any baby shower party that you throw or just for a brunch between friends.
- To begin with, boil 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar together on medium heat (stir regularly)
- While the sugar is boiling, you can take 2-3 sprigs of any culinary lavender (Munstead is a good option), cut their stems off and lightly crush them with the flat of a knife
- Now add in the crushed lavender blooms as well as ½ cup of raspberries in the boiling water
- Keep mashing and simmering for around 20 minutes until it slightly thickened
- Then take it off the stove and strain using a fine strainer (optional) and refrigerate for an hour
- Now take around 1 ½ cups of lemon juice and add 1 litre of cold water to that
- Add the previously made syrup mixture to this. You may need to add more sugar, so keep tasting till you get the desired sweetness
- Finally, serve in glasses and garnish with lemon wedges
Black Plum Mocktail
A glass of this black jamun mocktail will serve as the perfect pick-me-up on a scorching summer day. And the bonus is the easy-to-make recipe.
- De-seed 2 cups of black plums and then blend them to a puree
- Strain the puree using a sieve
- Mix the juice of a lemon, 1 tsp black salt,1 tsp roasted cumin powder and salt as per requirement
- Serve with chilled water and ice cubes
Now, go ahead and try out these easy-peasy summery drinks that will quench your thirst and keep you satiated on those long summer days.