5 Back-To-School Breakfast Recipes Your Kids Will Love
Jul 06, 2023
Kids can be very moody and getting them to eat a healthy breakfast is next to impossible!
To top it all, mornings are already a struggle in most households.
So, here are some easy breakfast recipes to make your kids’ mornings super delicious, happy and energized!
Crisp on the sides with a soft center, Appam is a famous dish from Kerala! It is a tasty, white Indian pancake which is not only a healthy and tasty breakfast item for kids, but also considered a quick lunch recipe by many!
- 2 cups raw rice
- ½ cup cooked rice
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp yeast
- Wash and soak the rice for 2-3 hours. Follow by draining them.
- Put the soaked rice, cooked rice and ½ cup of coconut milk together in a mixer and blend it.
- Add sugar, the remaining ½ cup of coconut milk and salt. Mix them well.
- Add lukewarm water to the yeast and mix well.
- Add yeast to the rice mixture. Make sure the batter is of dropping consistency. Cover and keep it aside for 2-3 hours.
- Heat the Nirlep Appachatty and grease it with oil.
- Pour half a cup of batter slowly into the appachatty and rotate it in a circular motion to form a thin layer on the side while the middle remains thick.
- Cover and cook for a minute.
- Remove the appam when the middle part is cooked. Serve it hot with coconut chutney.
Note: You can also use this appam batter to make paddu, which is another famous South Indian recipe. All you need to do is use a Nirlep Appa Patra to make them.
2) Banana Pancakes
What better than kicking off your kids’ mornings with delicious pancakes? To make things interesting, here’s how you can surprise them with a slice of fresh banana as they bite into the pancake!
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Blend cottage cheese, sour cream, honey, vanilla extract and salt together. Make sure the mixture is smooth.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl until frothy. Pour it into the cottage cheese mixture and mix well.
- Take a small bowl and combine the all-purpose flour and baking powder. Pour this into the cheese mixture.
- Lightly dust the banana slices with some flour and set aside.
- Brush the non-stick fry pan from the Nirlep snackmaker range with vegetable oil. Heat it on low heat and pour the final mixture onto the pan.
- Immediately top the batter with a banana slice and pour a small amount of mixture on top of it.
- Cook the pancake for 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Turn the pancake over and cook until it turns golden brown.
- Take a small saucepan and heat the remaining honey and lemon juice over low heat, just until warm.
- Serve the pancake on a platter. Drizzle the warm honey lemon syrup on top.
3) Pizza Omelette
All kids love pizza, don't they? Let’s give pizza a healthy twist and serve it as an omelette! It’s one of those quick breakfast recipes that is equally healthy and tasty.
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp warmed tomato sauce
- ¼ cup pepperoni
- 2 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- Beat the eggs until frothy. Season these eggs with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in the Nirlep fry pan.
- Add eggs to the fry pan and swirl it. Allow it to cook.
- When the base is firm, flip it on the other side and cook till done.
- When the omelet is almost set, pour the warmed tomato sauce over half of it.
- Add some pepperoni and shredded cheese. Fold the omelette in half and serve hot.
4) Rainbow Pizza
A homemade pizza is the king of breakfast items amongst children. Loaded with veggies and cheese, it tastes heavenly.
- 2 plain pizza base
- 6 tbsp pizza sauce
- 400 gms sliced red and yellow bell peppers
- 75 gms finely sliced broccoli
- 8 sliced green olives
- 150 gms mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh pesto
- Handful of basil leaves
- Heat the oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Put each pizza base on the Nirlep Multi Snack Maker and spread some pizza sauce on them evenly.
- Arrange the bell peppers on the top in rings or wedges and add broccoli and olives to it.
- Grate the mozzarella cheese over each of the pizza bases. Drizzle some pesto over it.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is bubbling and starting to brown a little.
- Scatter some basil leaves on the top before serving.
Note: With the help of Nirlep Multi Snack Maker, you can bake up to 4 pizzas in one go.
5) Veg Frankie
Walk through any street, and you will find a frankie shop in most cities. It is a finger-licking recipe that your kids will absolutely love.
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 cup flour
- 1 chopped carrot, capsicum, cabbage and onion
- ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 sliced green chillies
- 1 cup green chutney
- Make a chapati dough, shape it into a smooth ball, and make a thin round chapati.
- Heat the Nirlep fry pan and cook the chapati on it. Make sure both sides are cooked evenly.
- Grease oil in the Nirlep deep frying pan. Add sliced onions and stir till they become translucent.
- Add chopped chillies, cabbage, capsicum, red chilli powder and turmeric powder. Mix them well for a minute.
- Once the veggies are almost cooked, spread some green chutney on the chapati.
- Place the cooked veggies at the center of the chapati, roll it and seal the edges.
- Serve with some more green chutney.
With these easy-to-make breakfast recipes, your children will love breakfast time! Now you know how to turn your kids’ mood around and keep them energetic throughout the day.
We will also be dropping some easy lunch recipes soon. Stay tuned!