5 Delicious and Effortless Breakfast Recipes to Pamper Mom on Mother’s Day
May 16, 2023
Mother’s Day is a special day celebrated to honour and appreciate mothers across the world for their dedication, love and efforts. It is celebrated on the second Sunday of May. This Mother’s Day, show your gratitude by curating a special Mother’s Day gift. After all, they deserve it!
One of the most classic gifts to make your mom feel special is making her a delicious breakfast in bed. Her favourite breakfast served in bed before she wakes up will make her entire day a memorable one. Give her the pampering she needs because it is her special day. To help you choose the perfect dish, check out some delicious Mother’s Day breakfast ideas.
1. Vermicelli Upma
Give the historic sweet sevaiyan, a spicy twist with these versatile Vermicelli. It will not only give your mom’s mundane mornings a wake-up call but is also one of the most innovative Mother’s Day brunch ideas.
- 2 cups of thin vermicelli
- 2 tbsp refined oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp urad daal
- 2 green chillies
- 9-10 curry leaves
- 1 sliced onion
- ½ cup chopped beans
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup fresh peas
- ½ cup tomato puree
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts
- Heat a kadhai and roast vermicelli for 3-4 minutes until slightly golden.
- Heat the oil in a Nirlep kadhai and add urad dal, mustard and cumin seeds. Let them crackle for a minute. Then, add chillies and curry leaves and saute them for 1-2 minutes.
- Add onions, turmeric powder and salt, and saute for 1-2 minutes. Then, add vegetables and stir well. Allow them to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and 2 and a half cups of water. Bring it to a boil. Add vermicelli and mix well. Cover the Nirlep kadhai with lid and let it cook for 6-7 minutes. If dried up, add some more water till the vermicelli is cooked. Cover the kadhai with lid again.
- Transfer to a Nirlep casserole and toss some peanuts on top. Serve hot for an unparalleled experience.
If your mom loves South Indian dishes, there is nothing better than a plate full of classic paniyaram to surprise her. It is one of the most popular South Indian breakfasts that is usually made with the leftover idli or dosa batter. Wish your mother a Happy Mother’s Day by letting her savor the delicacy of this authentic South Indian dish.
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1 cup idli rice
- ½ cup urad dal
- 1 tsp methi seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 2 chopped green chillies
- Few curry leaves
- 2 chopped onions
- Wash and soak raw rice, idli rice, urad dal and methi seeds together for 4 hours.
- Drain the water, add salt and grind it. Make sure the batter is smooth.
- Let it ferment for 5-6 hours or leave it overnight.
- Add curry leaves and green chillies to the batter.
- Heat oil in a Nirlep Deep Fry Pan and add mustard seeds.
- Once they splutter, add chopped onions to it. Cook till the onions become translucent.
- Add 2 cups of fermented batter to the deep fry pan and mix well.
- Heat Nirlep Snackmaker and grease it with oil.
- Pour the batter into all the holes of the
- Cover and cook the paniyarams. Once done, flip them and wait till fully cooked.
- Take out the fluffy paniyarams in a Nirlep handi and serve.
- Cinnamon Pancake
This delicious and fluffy breakfast tops the list of Mother’s Day food ideas. Inspired by gooey cinnamon rolls, this is a slightly different recipe from your everyday pancake recipe.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
- Whisk milk, melted butter and eggs together in a separate bowl. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Whisk it until the two mixtures blend well.
- Heat oil on a Nirlep griddle. Pour the batter in ¼ cup scoops onto the hot
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the bubbles are formed. Flip and cook until the other side are brown.
- Take it out on a plate and grease some butter on it.
- Banana Chocolate French Toast
Your Mother’s Day special menu is incomplete without a luscious dessert. It will surely prove to be an indulgent treat for your mother’s sweet tooth.
- 1 ripe banana
- 75 g chopped milk chocolate
- 4 slices of white bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 25 g unsalted butter
- Icing sugar or extra maple syrup
- Slice the banana into a small bowl and mash it.
- Add chopped chocolate and mix it.
- Lay 2 slices of bread and spread the banana mixture on each of them.
- Top each with a second slice of bread like a sandwich.
- Take eggs, double cream, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk it.
- Melt the butter in the Nirlep frying pan.
- Coat each of the sandwiches with the egg mixture from both sides.
- Lay the sandwich into the frying pan and cook for about 1 min on each side. Cover the Nirlep frying pan with lid. If the color is golden brown, it means that the chocolate has started to melt.
- Take the sandwich out, cut it in half and garnish extra maple syrup or icing sugar.
- Spinach Omelette
An omelette is one of the favorite breakfast dishes for most of the people. With this spinach omelet, you are all set to treat your mother with a healthy and delicious breakfast.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fine chopped spinach
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of oregano
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 2 tbsp oil
- Break the eggs in a bowl.
- Add fine-chopped spinach, coriander leaves, green chilli, ginger and salt to it. Beat the mixture frothy.
- Heat the oil in a Nirlep Select Plus Pour the egg mixture into it. Allow to cook it.
- When the base is firm, flip it on the other side and cook till done.
- Serve it with fresh juice and bread.
These are some of the Mother’s Day food ideas that you can cook for your mom. This Mother’s Day, give your mom the pampering she rightly deserves!
CommentsBe the first one to comment. See all Hide