Double Chocolate Layer Cake Topped with Hazelnuts Recipe
By Admin | Dec 04, 2017
IngredientChocolate Sponge Ingredients:
- 300 grams refined flour
- 400 ml cold milk 4 nos whole eggs
- 160 grams salted butter
- 400 grams brown sugar
- 10 grams baking soda
- 80 grams cocoa powder
Chocolate Truffle Ingredients:
- 600 gms Dark Chocolate
- 180 ml Milk
- 1 tbsp coffee powder
- 100 ml simple sugar syrup
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts; half of them roughly chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Piping bag
- Star nozzle
- Palette knife
- Bowl of hot water
For Chocolate Sponge:
1. Whip butter and sugar with a beater till pale and fluffy.
2. Add eggs and continue whipping.
3. Mix together flour cocoa powder and baking soda thrice.
4. Fold in sieved flour cocoa powder and baking soda.
5. Mix in milk well.
6. Transfer into brown paper lined ½ kg moulds or rings.
7. Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes in an oven.
8. Check with a testing needle and rest till cool completely.
For Chocolate Truffle:
1. Boil Milk and pour over couverture in a deep glass bowl.
2. Mix and blend using a stick blender well till smooth.
3. Stir in coffee powder and blend again.
4. Cover and keep aside for an hour.
For the assembly:
1. Cut the cake into 3 horizontal slices.
2. Moisten with some sugar syrup.
3. Apply chocolate truffle and add some chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts.
4. Spread it smoothly and continue with the other layers of cake sponge and truffle.
5. Apply some truffle on top and smoothen out using a palette knife and hot water.
6. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
7. On a double boiler smoothen the ½ the truffle till liquid yet thick.
8. Pour over the cold cake and smoothen out with palette knife and hot water.
9. Smoothen out the remaining truffle. Using a piping bag and star nozzle pipe rosettes.
10. Place whole hazelnuts and the remaining chocolate chips.
11. Double chocolate cake is ready.