Quick & Healthy Snack Options That You Can Make This Winter
By Admin | Dec 04, 2017
If there’s one thing that excites us during this time of the year, it’s the opportunity to prepare lots of delicious food… and of course, gorge on the yummy snacks ! But are you worried about the CALORIES????Fret not, bring out your Bajaj Kitchen Appliances and start cooking Quick and Healthy snacks!
To mark the beginning of the season and give you a reason to indulge more in the delicacies, we bring to you a couple of mouth-watering recipes that you can make using our Bajaj Masterchef 3.0 Food Processor. Let’s get started right away!Potato Pancakes
Potato pancakes are simple, delicious and quite a treat to serve your guests! If you’re a spud lover, then this recipe will definitely be the most exciting thing you can make during the festivities.
Note: You’ll need the shredding disc attachment of the Bajaj Food Processor.
2 medium potatoes
1 large onion
¾ cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp potato starch
1 ¼ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
- Cut the potatoes into large chunks and shred using the Food Processor. Repeat the same for the onions as well. In a large bowl, break eggs and beat them well. Add bread crumbs, potato starch, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the potatoes and onion into a strainer, press them gently and squeeze out the excessive liquids. Add the potatoes and onion to the egg mixture and mix well. Melt one tablespoon of butter in a non-stick pan over moderate heat.
- Using a one fourth size cup, drop the potato mixture into the pan, flattening the pancake with a spatula to form a round. Flip over and cook the other side till both the sides are golden and crisp.
- Cook the remaining pancakes the same way. Serve hot.
Chickpea Hummus is that one dish you’ve got to make using your Bajaj Food Processor. It’s less time consuming and healthy too! What more reason do you need to try it than during this festive season? Let’s get started!
Note: You’ll need to use the chopper attachment in the Bajaj Food Processor.
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp tahini
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp paprika
Salt to taste
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse. You can also peel off the skin from the chickpeas to get a creamier hummus. Keep a few chickpea for serving.
- Combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, tahini, and water in the food processor, and blend to a creamy puree.
- Add more lemon juice, garlic, cumin or salt to taste. Transfer the hummus to a bowl. Drizzle the olive oil and scatter some chickpeas.
- Sprinkle some paprika and serve the hummus with pita bread.
Isn’t it amazing! Two completely different dishes; yet all you need is just one Bajaj Food Processor. While this is just a glimpse of what the Bajaj Food Processor is capable of, you can always get one for yourself and experiment with the various attachments while cooking up a host of dishes.
Till then, we wish you a Happy Winter!