Maa Ki Dal Recipe
Dec 04, 2017
- 1 cup whole black lentils (soaked overnight)
- 50 gms red kidney beans (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup onions peeled and roughly cut
- 1 cup fresh tomato crushed
- 1 inch ginger
- 8-10 garlic cloves
- 2 nos green chili
- 1 tsp freshly roasted coriander seeds crushed
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp refined oil
- 2 cups water + more to adjust desired consistency
- Salt as required
- Coriander sprigs
Methods1. Soak the Kidney beans and Black lentils in water for 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
2. Transfer to a pressure cooker and cook under 12 whistles.
3. Allow the pressure to subside open the lid and mash it.
4. While the dal is cooking in a chopper add onions ginger garlic and green chillies. Chop roughly and keep aside.
5. Remove and chop tomatoes too.
6. Heat a saucepan add ghee and add some oil once it gets hot add cumin seeds.
7. Add the chopped onion ginger garlic and green chilly mix.
8. Cook until it gets golden in color.
9. Add chopped tomatoes Red chili powder Turmeric powder Salt Garam Masala powder and mix it well.
10. Add the cooked and mashed dal into the pan and cook it.
11. Adjust salt and water and the dal is ready to be served.
CommentsBe the first one to comment. See all Hide