Mango Madness: 4 Delectable Dishes to Sweeten Up Your Summer!
May 02, 2023
Mangoes are a beloved summer fruit that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways beyond simply eating them raw. Whether you're in the mood for a sweet dessert or a savoury dish, there are countless delicious mango recipes to explore. To help you get started, we've compiled a list of four mouth-watering dishes that bring out the juicy goodness of mangoes. So why not take your mango game to the next level and give these dishes a try?
1. Mango Mousse with Mango Pulp
Looking for a tasty summer dessert to impress your guests? Look no further than Mango Mousse with Mango Pulp! This refreshing and satisfying mango-based treat is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. And the best part? It's easy to make! Just follow these simple steps, and you'll have a delectable mango mousse ready in no time.
- Mangoes Puree
- Fresh Cream
- Veg Marsh Mallows
- Sugar Or Icing Sugar as required
- Vanilla Extract or Essence
- Fry Fruits (Optional)
- Choco Chips (Optional)
Steps to make
- Peel and chop mangoes into medium-sized pieces.
- Grind the mango pieces into a smooth puree in a processor without adding water.
- In a heavy-bottomed Nirlep Fry Pan, melt marshmallows, butter, and sugar over low heat, stirring continuously for 4-5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mango puree to a mixing bowl and beat for an additional 3 minutes until well-blended.
- Add the cooled marshmallow mixture and vanilla essence to the mango puree and beat for one more minute with an electric beater.
- Using a spoon, fold the beaten cream into the mixture until well-combined.
- Pour the mixture into desired moulds and decorate with nuts or chocolate chips.
- Set in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or until set. Serve chilled and enjoy your homemade mango mousse with mango pulp.
2. Mango salsa
When it comes to summer dishes, mango salsa is a standout option that's sure to tantalise your taste buds. As a refreshing and zesty side dish, it makes the perfect topping for grilled fish or chicken. Its unique combination of sweet and spicy flavours is simply irresistible, and it's an excellent way to add some extra pizzazz to your meals.
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Jalapeno pepper
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
Steps to make
- Heat olive oil in Nirlep Fry Pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the diced mangoes, red onion, red and green bell peppers, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro to a mixing bowl.
- Add lime juice, salt, and black pepper to taste, and mix well.
- Add the mango salsa mixture to the Nirlep Fry Pan and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the salsa cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the salsa has cooked down and the ingredients have softened, switch off the stove.
- Transfer the mango salsa to a serving bowl and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve your homemade Mango Salsa with chips.
3. Mango Brie Panini
Craving a tasty and filling dish that's both sweet and savoury? Look no further than the Mango Brie Panini! This mouth-watering treat is perfect for satisfying your hunger and tantalising your taste buds. With its delightful combination of juicy mango and creamy brie cheese, this panini is sure to please everyone in your family, young and old. Plus, it's easy to make and bursting with flavour. So why not give it a try and indulge in the ultimate mango and brie experience?
- Sourdough bread
- Ripe mangoes
- Brie cheese
- Arugula leaves
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
Steps to make
- Preheat your Nirlep sandwich maker.
- Butter one side of every slice of bread.
- Place brie cheese on the unbuttered side with sliced mango.
- Place the remaining slice of bread on top, while keeping the buttered side out.
- To prepare Mango Brie Panini, use the highest quality sandwich maker and place the sandwiches inside before shutting the lid.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until the sandwich turns golden brown and the cheese melts.
- Remove the sandwiches from your sandwich maker.
- Slice the sandwiches in half and serve them hot.
4. Mango Kalakand
Mango Kalakand is a delicious and popular sweet dish made with fresh mango pulp and grated paneer, also known as Indian cottage cheese. This sweet dish has a rich, creamy texture and a sweet and tangy flavour that is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth during the summer months.
- Mango pulp
- Grated paneer
- Cardamom powder
- Pistachios and Almonds for garnish
- In Nirlep Kadhai or fry pan, heat the ghee on medium heat.
- Add the mango pulp and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the grated paneer and sugar and keep stirring on low heat until the mixture thickens and starts to leave the sides of the Nirlep Kadhai.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased plate and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the kalakand into small squares and garnish with chopped pistachios and almonds. Later, arrange them on a serving plate or platter and serve them to your guests.
Summer is the season to indulge in delightful and refreshing desserts that excite your taste buds. If you're looking for something fruity, you can't go wrong with mango mousse with mango pulp and mango salsa. And if a delectable balance of flavours is more your style, you'll love the satisfying taste of mango kalakand and mango brie panini. These four mouth-watering dishes are sure to sweeten up your summer and leave you feeling satiated.