Thai Curry & Herbed Rice Recipe
Dec 04, 2017
½ cup assorted capsicum
½ cup green and yellow zucchini
½ cup broccoli and cauliflower
½ cup carrot floral slices
½ cup mushrooms
¼ cup French beans
1 small green/purple aubergine,
For the Red/ Green curry paste:
10 red/ Green chillies
2 tbsp chopped lemon grass
2 tbsp chopped galangal
3 leaves Kafir leaves
1 tbsp coriander leaves
3 small shallots
3-4 cloves of garlic
8-10 birds eye chillies
½ tsp salt
600 ml coconut milk
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
8-10 pea aubergines
2-3 kafir lime leaves
3-4 thai basil leaves
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp red curry paste
1 tsp soy sauce,
For Herb Rice:
1 cup cooked jasmine rice
1 lemongrass sliced thin
5 kaffir lime leaves sliced thin
1 inch piece galangal chopped
3 nos. Thai bird’s eye chillies lightly crushed.
10 nos basil leaves roughly torn
2 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. sugar
For Thai Curry:
1. In a mixer grinder make a fine paste of the ingredients required for the curry paste.
2. Take a saucepan add coconut milk curry paste thai basil leaves kafir lime leaves salt sugar soy sauce and pea aubergines.
3. Cook over medium flame for 10-12 minutes.
4. Add in the vegetables check for consistency and allow the vegetables to cook till done yet a little firm to bite.
5. Check for final seasoning and serve
For Herb Rice:
1. Heat a wok and add sesame oil. When the oil is hot put minced garlic and fry till it is just about to change colour.
2. Put lemongrass kaffir lime leaves galangal and peppers.
3. Fry on high flame for 20 seconds.
4. Now add rice soy sauce sugar.
5. Lastly toss in some basil leaves and mix well.
CommentsBe the first one to comment. See all Hide