Bringing Single Ceiling Solutions to Your City!
By Monami Mitra | Jun 08, 2018
When it comes to end-to-end lighting solutions, Bajaj Electricals has always been one of the first names to come to mind. And, even in the segment of single ceiling solutions, it has made its mark by successfully executing numerous projects across India. Here, we take you through a project that was executed in the city of Pune. Of course, Bajaj has successfully carried out other notable projects in Pune as well like World Trade Center and Market City. But, here we will be focusing specifically on the Cosmos Bank project.
Located in the heart of Pune on University Road, the Cosmos Co-operative Bank Ltd. (Cosmos Bank) decided to ensure energy management for their building. For this, Bajaj Electricals was brought in to execute the task. But energy management of a highly secure smart building was not going to be easy.
Cosmos Bank is not only a co-operative bank; it also consists of a currency chest and data centre, which made security a main concern for the clients. Another problem was the location of the bank that added to the challenge Bajaj Electricals faced. Since Pune is known as “The Oxford of India”, it attracts thousands of people daily, making its location a high threat zone. Also, installed systems had to be scalable, forward and backwards compatible, while having the flexibility to integrate with third party products. Vivotek IP CCTV cameras, Milestone video management software, HID controllers, Ingersoll Rand palm readers, a Securiton fire detection and alarm system, and Novec gas suppression systems were just a few of the low voltage systems that the BMS was required to integrate.
How It Was Done
A detailed project plan had to be developed, tracked and updated on a weekly basis to ensure compliance to the scope defined in the risk mitigation plan. By using the Delta Controls product line, Bajaj was able to integrate all third-party products. Third-party systems included HVAC (chillers, pumps, AHU’s, VFD’s, and ventilation), and electrical (UPS, DG, and energy meters) systems. The data centre was equipped with precision AC’s, gas suppression systems and hydrogen sensors. Energy analytics and dashboards were provided as well.
The system also included the following:
- Building and energy management system
- IP CCTV surveillance system
- Access control systems with smart cards and palm readers
- Fire detection and alarm systems with evacuation
- Novec gas suppression system
- Aspiration smoke detection system
- Hydrogen sensors for battery rooms
With 5000+ data points, 800 multi-sensors and fire detectors, 140 access control readers, and 125 IP CCTV Cameras in place, Bajaj Electricals ensured that Cosmos Bank met all the challenges head on. Other features that were successfully implemented are:
- The systems installed meets the security standards of the client, while being scalable, backwards compatible and platform independent. The employees and customers feel increasingly secure after the new installation
- Using energy dashboards means that not only are the facilities staff aware of the energy savings, but the knowledge is also shared with the building occupants
- Using enteliWEB (Web-based BMS management software) means that the facilities staff at Cosmos Bank can monitor lighting, HVAC, fire, security, and CCTV systems all through one interface. Also, the energy reporting feature of enteliWEB saves the facilities team’s time in their daily routine, by giving them a single, easy-to-use platform to generate reports for the different systems throughout the building
- The use of an open protocol means that Cosmos is not tied down to a single vendor or service provider. The BMS uses BACnet standards, is BTL listed, and the CCTV’s are OnVif compliant
- Certain applications were created to ensure that critical alarms from the BMS and video management system are displayed on the mobile phones of key facilities personnel. This feature allows them to respond faster to any internal threat that may occur
- Pedestrian and vehicle flow patterns were studied, so that the proposed system would ensure an easy flow of pedestrians and vehicles along with minimal disruption to employee and customer comfort
- Other features include Kaizen (Interactive lobby energy dashboard), DSM – RTR (BACnet system integration router) and DSC – 1616 (Ethernet enabled high-speed system controller)
The successful execution of the project for Cosmos Bank resulted in the authorities appreciating Bajaj’s project execution skillset.
“Bajaj Electricals is a very supportive and understanding team, and has great knowledge and expertise in the field of life safety, security, and energy management. The systems installed are simple, scalable, and open source so that as a customer, we have choices as we grow. We are happy to have Bajaj Electricals as a partner and look forward to a long term association.”
- Mr. Jayesh Maldikar
Estate Management Cell